Friday, August 11, 2017

Favorite Quotes: Not Fit to be President

"Do they think that I am such a damned fool as to think myself fit for President of the United States? No, sir; I know what I am fit for. I can command a body of men in a rough way, but I am not fit to be President."

-Andrew Jackson

Andrew Jackson was certainly a very... unique president in his own right. His military career made him extremely popular in his time, but Jackson was certainly a horrible president when it came to rule of law and civil rights. He was partly responsible for the near-genocide of Native Americans, and that's what happens when people not fit to be president, become president. 

14 comments:

  1. It's really interesting to get these facts about presidents that aren't always taught in school. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes not all people fit for be president. Sometimes when we know is late :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turnip Top is certainly showing that to be true!
    His blustering re: the little fool in North Korea is really getting scary........I suppose people know that Daddy Kim made the present Kim a general at the age of 8!!!!
    But I wonder did little neurotic Kim do any real military training????
    I wouldn't go quite so far as JACKIESUE above....just rid yourselves of the Turnip Top clan and you will be UNFUCKED!
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackson was a terrible president and not a good person, even by the standards of his day. He picked fights with everyone, just for the fun of it. No wonder he's Trump's hero.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that guy is sitting in the President's office.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And he at least knew he wasn't fit...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being partly responsible for the near genocide of Native Americans is a big black mark against him, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup. And here we are again. We are in real trouble.

    ReplyDelete