Sunday, July 9, 2017

Photos: Painting the Kitchen Chairs

Once I got the kitchen table painted, it was turn to the do the chairs next. These came with a set my brother had gotten, and he gave all four to me when we moved into our new house last year. It had a fairly natural wood finish but I certainly wanted them to match the table. 

When it comes to projects like these, primer will never hurt. I wanted to spray-paint the chairs because it'd be easier. I got Bullseye 123 Primer in a spray can. 
I suppose it was a good thing I used it, because the first coat of primer soaked in fairly well. But this is what it looked like when it was all over and done with.  
As for the topcoat (the actual paint) I stuck with Valspar Project Perfect spray paint in satin black which was also what I used for the table's legs. The black paint covered over the white real easy. 
We used one chair for the office, but the rest are in the dining section of the open floor plan in our house. It was a decent bit of work, but I was happy with the way it all turned out. 

6 comments:

  1. Those turned out really nice Adam, looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The satisfaction of a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great! Bullseye 123 Primer is the one I always use. It is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are a fabulous DIYer. You save a lot of money and get a lot of satisfaction this way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Now all you need is a light colored table runner over the top to break up the piece more.

    ReplyDelete